Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simple Sunday - Super Easy Chalkboard Labels

If you read my blog earlier this week you would know I was looking to really organize my laundry room surfaces. A place for everything and everything in it's place sort of thing so my counter top is not covered with junk all the time. I will reveal what I have done later but I wanted to make some cheap and easy chalkboard labels as one of my goals was to do as much of this project with things I have on hand. Here are a few labels I made. You'll never guess what I used for them.

Our recycle bin.


Lint waste can.


Mailbox


Now here is all the labels are made of. Painters tape and chalkboard paint.

Here is how I did it though. I just sprayed the exposed tape on the roll so it would still be good and sticky then when it dried I cut the size I needed and then just sprayed on some more paint to make another piece. What could be simpler or cheaper?


12 comments:

  1. What a great idea. My first thought was that you used black construction paper and double stick tape, which I think would work, but I like this idea better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you found the paint in spray. I have been looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, I didn't know this paint came in a spray, wow,, love this, what a great idea,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's my kind of thinkin'! What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever!!! Nice. I shall be "borrowing" that wonderful idea for myself soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see lots of possibilities with the chalkboard paint. Very clever way to organize! I have to ask: why are you saving lint? *I know I am being a nosy nelly*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! And you will be able to change them whenever you want...very, very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea and the labels look so charmimg {my favorite decorating word}.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and clever!!!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's brilliant! I think I might just steal that idea, lol!

    ReplyDelete